Tuesday, November 16, 2010

San Antonio's 2010 Rock and Roll Marathon

I completed my 3rd half marathon in San Antonio on November 14, 2010. This was my 2nd in San Antonio. The weather was perfect in the low 50s, the sun never peeked through while running, my favorite type of running weather. My goal was to run it in 2:15:00 but I ran it in 2:16:20 instead. I'm very proud of that time. My next goal will be 2:00:00. We'll see. I'm really thinking about running in a full marathon now, but not to sure when. I will post pictures later.
Bryan and I drove down to Austin and stayed with his sister Suzanne. It was so nice seeing her. On Sat. morning we drove to SA. We got there early and were able to check into our room early. We spent the afternoon walking around and taking pictures. The weather was great for all that. We also met up with some of my running buddies at the Spaghetti Warehouse, we even walked there from our hotel(La Quinta Inn & Suites). Never did we get in our car to go places, we walked the whole time were were there.
On Sun. I awoke at 4:45am, showered, dressed and went down stairs to get my toast so I could fix my energy food which consist of a toast with peanut butter and honey. YUM!! We then walked to the corrals at about 6:30am, the corrals were already filling up and the lines to the porta potties were crazy. I did get my turn though, thank goodness. :) And off I went!! I ran
my best time.
That evening we went to eat at the Riverwalk, we found this little restuarant called the The Original Mexican Restuarant. It was wonderul!
We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!!

No comments: